09 July 2012

London Film & Comic Con Experience

I have never thought I would be writing such a post. I never considered myself to be geeky, nerdy, or whatever you want to call it. But as it turns out I might have been all my life as I realised at this year's London Comic Con. I'll start with a hilarious definition I found in the online thesaurus:

"a geek is any smart person with an obsessive interest, a nerd is the same but also lacks social grace, and a dweeb is a mega-nerd"

I don't think I particularly fall under any of the above definitions but I guess I could be considered geekish!

Back to the London Comic Con. It was an unbelievable experience for many reasons. The cosplayers for example. Here are a few of my favourites.

Mr. Vader [He had the breathing thing sorted as well!] 

Alien(s) [Is it too expensive to buy one of these?]
Zombie from The Walking Dead [Notice the foot detail!]

The Fantastic 4

Wolverine [with glasses? :)]

These people put a lot of effort [and probably money] on these wonderful costumes but it paid off. They were stopped for photos all the time [mostly by me!]. Another thing awesome about Comic Con were the celebrities. I managed to snap a couple of photos only as they all wanted £15 for an autograph and a picture!

 Darth Vader himself

Todd from Scrubs [Celebrity high-5!]

Hercules

And lets not forget the 1989 Batmobile!

Not so cool that they wanted money for autographs but I guess that's the way it goes. Finally, look at all the cool stuff the dealers were selling.


Star Wars Lightsabers [approved by Silent Bob apparently!]



Signed memorabilia [I'd buy the Hulk Fist!]



Hand-crafted heroes & villains

Comics

Film favourites

Cool t-shirts

Custom-made All Stars

And so many more awesome things! I could honestly buy every single thing in there but I went home with a Batman t-shirt and this Hulk figurine for my brother.


As I said before, I never thought I'd say this but I'm officially a "comics world" convert! I highly recommend a visit to one such event even if you are not into comics and things like that. The next one in London is in October 2012 and it's the MCM Expo [Website]. I can't wait for that one and I can only hope that I'll some day visit the San Diego Comic Con in California!

Live long and prosper my friends!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More